Glossima & Wehrheim was founded at a time when the European Union faced a rising need for the translation of economic texts into a variety of languages. This gave our team the opportunity to translate a large number of texts and gain substantial experience. Development proposals, texts on banking products and consulting firms, balance sheets, audit reports and prospectuses of companies and organisations all came under Glossima & Wehrheim’s magnifying glass so that it could provide an accurate rendition of their content.
Since 1992 we have been working with many different financial institutions, the Ministry of Economy and Finance, the State General Accounting Office, as well as the European Commission and other European agencies. In this framework, our texts have been published by:
- the European Financial Stability Facility
- the European Investment Fund
- the European Banking Authority (EBA)
- the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA)
- the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), etc.
Confidentiality and professional liability
At Glossima & Wehrheim we guarantee the confidentiality of your documents in writing. Moreover, all our services are covered by professional liability insurance.
Financial and Banking Terminology
Glossima & Wehrheim’s translators have access to all the specialised dictionaries, translation memories and terminology glossaries we have accumulated over the years. This helps us ensure consistency in the use of terms, even if a large project needs to be broken up and assigned to more than one translator. In addition, whenever it is deemed necessary, we use terminology consultants and Finance and Commerce professionals (bankers, accountants, business consultants) so that they may assist in the accurate and up-to-date rendition of terms by sector.
Revision of translations and quality specifications
In today’s globalised and multilingual market, the localisation of financial, banking and accounting documents in the target language is a necessary requirement for clear and effective communication. At Glossima & Wehrheim, every translation is thoroughly revised (proofreading/editing) in order to ensure a high quality of translation.
Popular translations in the market and economy sector
- Annual financial reports
- Income tax returns and other tax-related documents
- Balance sheets
- Documents of European agencies concerning the regulation of markets
- Tax audit reports and reports by chartered accountants
- Interbank loan agreements
- Business plans
- Insurance brokers’ reports
In addition to translation, we provide the following services:
- proofreading and editing of translated texts
- rendering of terminology (translation of terms without context)
- transcription of conference proceedings
- certification of translations
- simultaneous and consecutive interpreting services (business and commerce conferences, consecutive interpreting at business meetings, educational seminars, etc.)
For more information on the language pairs we cover for the finance and commerce sector, see languages.