Glossima & Wehrheim was founded at a time when the European Union faced a rising need for the translation of economic texts into a variety of languages.
This provided our team with the opportunity to translate a large volume of texts and gain great amounts of experience. Developmental interest proposals, bank product and consultancy firm texts, balances, financial audit texts, and company or organisation press releases have all been thoroughly checked by Glossima & Wehrheim, so that their content could be accurately translated.
Since 1992 we have been working with many different financial institutions, the Ministry of Economy and Finance, the State General Accounting Office, as well as the European Commission and other European agencies. In that framework, our texts have been published by:
- The European Financial Stability Fund (EFSF),
- The European Investment Fund (EIF),
- The European Banking Authority (EBA),
- The European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA),
- The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), etc.
Confidentiality and professional liability
At Glossima & Wehrheim we guarantee the confidentiality of your documents in writing. Handling the confidentiality of your documents is standard practice for us. It is a given for all our employees and associates.
Contact the head of quality assurance at Glossima & Wehrheim and/or our Marketing department, and they will inform you on how your documents are protected.
We watch your language, both as regards the quality of the translation you will receive, and we also have organisational and administrative measures in place, using high-tech means, to protect your personal data and business secrets.
Financial and Banking Terminology
Glossima & Wehrheim’s translators have access to all the specialised dictionaries, translation memories and terminology glossaries we have accumulated over the years. This helps us ensure consistency in the use of terms, even if a large project needs to be broken up and assigned to more than one translator. In addition, whenever it is deemed necessary, terminology consultants and Finance and Commerce professionals (bankers, accountants, business consultants) are hired, in order to assist with the accurate and modern translation of the terminology per sector.
Revision of translations and quality specifications
In a globalised and multilingual market, the localisation of financial, banking, and accounting document translations in the target-language is a necessity for clear and effective communication. At Glossima & Wehrheim every translated text undergoes strict checks (revision/editing) in order to ensure high quality translations.
Popular translations in the market and economy sector
The most popular translations in the market and economy sector are:
- Annual financial reports
- Income tax returns and other tax-related documents
- Balance sheets
- Documents of European agencies concerning the regulation of markets
- Tax audit reports and reports by chartered accountants
- Interbank loan agreements
- Business plans
- Insurance agent reports
Besides translation services, we also provide:
- proofreading and editing of translated texts
- rendering of terminology (translation of terms without context)
- transcription of conference proceedings
- certification of translations
- simultaneous and consecutive interpretation services (business/commercial interest congresses, consecutive interpretation in business meetings, training seminars, etc.)